Friday, January 13, 2012

Tomato Basil Parmesan Soup- Yes, please!



I made this Tomato-Basil Parmesan Soup earlier in the week. Per the usual lately I found the recipe on Pinterest. I wonder if anyone has started a blog like "365 days of cooking on Pinterest" or something to that effect. I would read it. Lord knows it's pulled me out of my share of menu slumps since last summer. 

Anyway back to the soup. I will confess I had never made a "roux" before and was slightly intimidated by it's fancy sounding name but it wasn't a big deal. I served it with toasted french bread for dinner and it was plenty hearty even for the hubs. Best of all it was a crock pot meal! I will definitely be adding this to my list of go-to cold/rainy day meals. You can find the link to the recipe I used here. 

Happy Friday, I hope you have a beautiful weekend!
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment