Tuesday, January 17, 2012

hello dolly

Lucy's birthday is in a few weeks and I can't believe she's going to be two already. I knew I wanted to make her a little doll- one she'd hopefully hold on to forever and would become well loved and worn over time. It was quite and adventure seeing as how this was my first foray into the doll making world but I'm glad I made the effort. So here she is. I can't wait to give it to her.



I chose the pattern for it's sweet simplicity and timelessness. 



You can find the pattern I used {here.} Now we're looking for an antique or vintage doll cradle to fix up and include with the doll. The hunt is on, I love a good search and a new project.


Sarah


5 comments:

  1. Well you already know how much I love her but I wanted to tell you that you've inspired me to make a doll for Emma for her birthday too! I'll show you which one I'm making tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love that doll. I used to make dolls all the time for my daughter when she was a little younger. She's only 11 but just growing out of that stage. Yours is super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been so tempted to try my hand at a handmade doll. They look so sweet. Yours turned out lovely and your daughter will be thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh she is so sweet! I would love to find an antique cradle for my daughter too. Good luck!!

    Thanks for sharing at Simply Klassic Home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very cute!!! We love handmade dolls! Thanks for linking up to Strut Your Stuff Saturday! We would love to have you back next Saturday and share more of your ideas! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete