Monday, January 30, 2012

slow cooker buffalo chicken sandwiches


In honor of my hometown hosting the Super Bowl this year I thought I'd share with you a great game day recipe. I made these tasty buffalo chicken sandwiches for dinner the other night. This could quite possibly be the easiest and simplest recipe for the crock pot I've ever used. It only uses 3 ingredients people, THREE! And the best part is you can just throw the chicken in right out of the freezer. 





Ingredients:
1- 2.5 lb. bag of boneless skinless frozen chicken breast or chicken tenders
1- packet of Hidden Valley Ranch mix
1- 12 ounce bottle of Franks Hot Sauce


Empty your bag of frozen chicken breast into the crock pot and add the entire bottle of of hot sauce {3/4 of the bottle if you like it little less hot} and top with the packet of Hidden Valley Ranch mix. {no water needed} Set your crock pot to low and let it cook for 6-7 hours. After that using two forks separate and shred your chicken and place it back into the crock pot to simmer for another hour or so. Ta-da! It's done.

This recipe will make 6 generous sized sandwiches. I like to serve mine on french bread hoagies with shredded swiss cheese and a side of ranch for dipping. They're a big hit with my husband every time I make them!

2 comments:

  1. Wow.. those look mighty tasty! Yum! Hope you have a good Monday. I nominated you for a blogger award btw. It is an award that I was nominated for and then you pass along by nominating others, and it is for bloggers with less than 200 followers. Congrats! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buffalo Chicken happens to be one of Jim's favorite things in the world. I wonder if it would be good with blue cheese instead of Ranch. I might have to give this one a try!

    ReplyDelete