A great big high five to Rene at Cottage and Vine for bestowing me with the stylish blogger award last week! It was such a bright spot in my week and I think it's such a fun way to share not only about yourself but to shout from the roof tops about some other truly rockin' blogs.
If you’re not familiar with it, there are 4 duties to perform to accept the award:
1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award
2. Share 7 things about yourself
3. Award 10 (or so) recently discovered great bloggers
4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award
1. While i grew up mostly in indiana I'm actually from south haven, michigan and a true lake girl at heart.
2. I love me some power tools. In college we were "forced" to craft our own stretchers for our paintings so I between that and the occasional sculpture class I became quite a regular in the wood shop. This has served me well in the home renovation department.
3. I'm a homebody. We aren't much for going out in fact I think Nick and I have only been out by ourselves with out Lucy twice since she was born. Once for a wedding and another time for a fundraiser. We love our Netflix, fire in the hearth and vino. We watched Miss Potter on Friday night. I had never seen it and I thought it was so cute!
4. I swear by Uggs. It started in college when the 100 year old + building I took many of my drawing classes in was always freezing. I got a pair for Christmas and it was like walking on a cloud. I don't care if they're not very stylish this is indiana and it's cold (18 degrees f to be exact at this very moment).
5. Nick I met and were engaged six months later and married six months after that in July 2007. There isn't a thing I'd change about our wedding, it was beautiful! We honeymooned in Bermuda everything was absolutely perfect!
6. I feel like the luckiest momma in the world being able to be at home with Lucy. It's been a dream of mine since I was a little girl. It's what I always knew I was meant to do first and foremost in life.
7. Not too many days go by that I'm not busy with some sort of project. I not good at sitting still. Saturday and Sunday I repainted the yellow stripe bathroom and created 4 new pillows for the etsy boutique which I hope to get listed later today.
Now I'd like to recognize some truly great bloggers and friends to pass this sweet award on to:
Hope everyone has a fantastic week!!!