Thursday, January 5, 2012

my favorite go-to breakfast

Call me a creature of habit- I don't mind. I have to eat breakfast and have a cup a coffee every morning to get going and I've usually made myself the same egg sandwich ever since college. Sometimes I shake things up with some strawberries and cream oatmeal instead but its usually the egg sandwich. I find it keeps me fullest longest and I've become so efficient at making these it only take me about 5 minutes from start to finish.



what you'll need:
2 eggs (one whole and one white)
1 whole wheat bagel thin
1 slice of colby cheese
a frozen turkey sausage patty or two
butter
cracked pepper
dried chives

heat up a small skillet on low and toss in one whole egg and then one egg white and blend. Add a dash of cracked pepper and a pinch of dried chives (in summer I like to use fresh chives from the herb garden). While thats cooking toss your bagel thin in the toaster and microwave your turkey sausage for about 1 minute. Check on your eggs and when they are ready remove from heat and place a slice of colby cheese on top. Butter your bagel thin and place your eggs and cheese on the bottom slice. Top with turkey sausage and sandwich together- you're good to go! This always lasts me until lunch time.

bon appetit!


Sarah

3 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy. I literally eat a cereal bar while I finish feeding my daughter. But an hour later I'm hungry again. Eggs definitely satisfy you for longer, I guess it's all the protein? Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You seriously just made me hungry and my low fat multigrain waffle with a little peanut butter doesn't get me far.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love egg sandwiches in the morning. It's pretty much the only thing I like, actually. That and coffee! :) yumm!

    ReplyDelete