Thursday, July 8, 2010




We went to visit the new house yesterday. The owners have moved out and it was the first time seeing it empty. It was sort of strange and overwhelming all of a sudden. Of course it's a good thing, but there is just a lot that needs to be done. Some things I'd noticed before but a lot didn't become apparent until the furniture was removed. Like wow there are like 50 wires hanging out of the wall in the living that we assume are for the homes speaker system. Before we thought "Cool! We can play music throughout the house." Yesterday I looked an Nick and said "Um.... do you know how to fix that?"

It will all come together. I'm just the kind of girl who would just assume snap her fingers and sing a song and get that place put together faster than Mary Poppins' can say supercalifragilisticexpialidocious but all in time. What was I saying the other day about taking my time?

Yesterday the slipcovers I ordered came and I absolutely love them! I can wait to share some new shots with you! But until then I leave you with one last shot of the old house. I'll always remember the way my first Mothers Day peonies filled the corner of the dining room so beautifully.

2 comments:

  1. Oh a new house, we have bought an remodeled two! And hopefully we are done. It is an exciting time I am sure :). Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I imagine that was overwhelming. I wondered if the people that bought our house felt that way too. It took us years to make it feel like a cozy home and I'm sure it will take you some time to get your new nest fluffed. I'm also sure that you are doing the right thing by taking your time. I hope you don't get too overwhelmed.

    ReplyDelete