Sunday, July 25, 2010

Holy shirts and pants I'm late to the party. Yes it's true we've talked about it for years but just never got around to it until today. It was so blazing hot out (again) and we knew we'd go stir crazy if we stayed home all day so it seemed like the perfect time to finally make the pilgrimage to IKEA in Cincinnati. I'm embarrassed to say I was an IKEA virgin until today. I had seen things I loved on countless other blogs and had a running list on their website.

So we packed little L up in the car for her first road trip and headed out. The goal was to pick up the mighty Expedit and a rug for the playroom plus a few other things for here and there. I was on total sensory overload. It was like the first time I sashayed into Anthro x's like a thousand. All in all it was a success and Lucy was a trooper. We'll go back soon but maybe leave little L with grandma so we can really dig in.

Now it's time to switch gears and prepare to host dinner for my Swedish relatives Tuesday night. On the way home from IKEA today Nick asked if they could maybe help put together the Expedit. ; )

Playroom rug



The Expedit. Ours will more likely be filled with toys, books, and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse DVDs but you get the idea.

4 comments:

  1. Adorable rug! And you were SO close to the best J Crew outlet on the planet. I was just there a week ago!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHATTTT! Did someone say J Crack Outlet???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see the photos of everything.

    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. for Nick. http://extras.sacvolvoclub.org/images-file-cabinet/Erik_Johansson-a_car_for_the_handy-volvo-Ikea.jpg

    Yeah, its like that.

    ReplyDelete