Friday, July 9, 2010



Dorm room at Ox-Bow (heaven on earth) Saugatuck, Michigan


Printmaking studio Ox-Bow, Ox-Bow is a summer program through the Art Institute of Chicago



Junior Painting Studio, Herron School of Art/ Indiana University



I know you've all done it too. My husband is probably the guiltiest of them all. It's taking him f-o-r-e-v-e-r to pack up his office because he keeps getting distracted. I'm guilty too I'll be chugging right along and then I'll go to empty some random drawer and uncover an old photo or greeting card next thing you know it's an hour later and I'm knee deep in long lost memories feeling super nostalgic. I've run a across so much stuff from college in the past few days. At the time of graduation I could hardly wait to scoot out of there and quickly assumed a sabbatical from art. I think art school can do that to you. You're bound to get burnt out.

I graduated a few years ago and I'm still on that self-imposed sabbatical... sort of. Lately I've found a new outlet in refinishing and painting furniture. A lot of it. It the past month alone I can account for a china cabinet, a wicker settee plus two matching side chairs, a corner cabinet, 2 more chairs, a side table, a rocking horse, and a foot stool. I get the same rush every time I complete one piece that I did when I was working on a painting. It's funny how things you've always loved resurface and manifest themselves. I love that.

No comments:

Post a Comment