Thursday, October 21, 2010

painted wallpaper





I came across this awesome tutorial not too long ago on Emily's fabulous blog. As soon as I saw her painted wallpaper I knew I had to have it somewhere in my house. Our playroom also doubles as a space for our computer and craft storage and I thought that a wall in there could use some "jazzing up" (do people still say that?).

I followed her toot to a T with the exception of eyeballing them to line them up, instead I used a yard stick to make sure they didn't go all willy-nilly. The tracing and measuring took the longest. Once I began to paint things moved pretty quick. I did start with seed pearl by pratt & lambert but it proved to be too light against the light walls and not give me enough contrast so I switched to some leftover paint from the 4 seasons room. After all was said and done I was pleased as punch and it didn't cost me a dime. Thanks for the inspiration Emily!





3 comments:

  1. cute cute! Don't you love it?!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks amazing! So funny as I just made fun of myself today for saying "jazzing up". Now I feel better. Love what you did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm dying to try this!! Yours looks quite exquisite. :)

    ReplyDelete