Sunday, December 11, 2011

Holiday House Tour Entry, Sun Room, Master Bedroom


Welcome to part III and last installment of our holiday house tour! I love seeing the house all lit up at night and I'll totally miss it when it's time to take them down again until next year. 

                   


The January me will thank the December me for planting some paper whites. I'm waiting for the cat's to notice them and then quickly chew and destroy them.









It took me a while to decide what to do on the stairs but I finally decided to just clip some green off the back of our tree and tie them up with twine. I added the drummer boy courtesy of Dear Lillie. 







I LOVE how our big family tree turned out this year! We got another beautiful Fraser Fir and I makes the whole house smell so good! In continuing with this years "work with what you got" mantra I came up with the idea to string around bunting cut from book pages that I didn't use on a book wreath earlier in the year. It was so simple and easy.






 I tied up twine again this year around some of the windows and we've been clipping our cards from friends and family up there. 






















In our room I just added a few subtle Christmas touches.






Wow! Can you believe Christmas is less than 2 weeks away now! We had a super busy weekend packed with fun holiday activities. We took Lucy to a Jingle Book party at the library Saturday morning and then to a Christmas Party at her Gymnastics place Saturday night where she ran into Santa again. She did a little better than her last encounter- even taking a candy cane from him but then she smiled mischievously and quickly ran away. Today we headed to Jolly Days at the Indianapolis Children's Museum and next weekend we're looking forward to attending the Indianapolis School of Ballet's Nutcracker which my sweet niece is preforming in this year. 

We ended the weekend stopping off for hot chocolate and doughnuts and then going to our town's drive through light display in the park tonight. I also managed to get some baking, knitting and gift wrapping in too and now I'm dog tired and sitting on the couch with the heating pad lol. Sometimes I totally forget I'm pregnant until my lower back reminds me to slow down. 

I hope you all have a beautiful week ahead!

Sarah

linking up to:

5 comments:

  1. What sweet Christmas decor! It looks so lovely and warm. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel so very festive after seeing these beautiful pics! I love your wreath over the mirror and your pretty stair decorations in particular...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The decorations look great. I especially love that mantle! I'm exhausted just reading about what you've up to!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your house and all of the details! Have never been a natural wood trim person, but after seeing your house I changed my mind. The evergreens on the stairs are the perfect touch Thanks for joining the party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your home is lovely! The white chair really caught my eye. I also collect aqua mason jars and milk glass so I really like your mantel display with the cool vintage window. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete