Sunday, October 9, 2011

putting together a boys room

I'll be the first to admit I was pretty stumped when it came to the thought of designing a little man's room. I was only familiar with the world of all things girly but that would now need to change fast. All I knew was what I didn't care for. Nothing too "themey" and nothing he'd outgrow by the time he was a toddler in other words I don't want the room to scream baby or nursery when they outgrow that stage so fast. I chose a neutral color which we just finished painting today. It's called "brevity" by Pratt and Lambert which we had color matched by Sherwin Williams {it's 4th from the right on the top row}. I love the look of soft greige walls with pops of navy incorporated into other parts of the room. 


click on image to enlarge


For the windows we went with a basic navy blackout curtain that I'll dress up with a valance in this "Harvest Plaid" fabric I purchased by Ralph Lauren.




We purchased the Dorel Rocking Chair from Walmart and it should arrive tomorrow. It gets mostly great reviews so I'm holding out hope it's a good deal on a decent chair because I love the look and the size suits the smaller nursery.





The accessories will remain in the neutral family like these monogram frames Emily made her boys from Jones Design Company.




The bedding I ordered is a mix from Pottery Barn Kids via their cool design your own bedding set tool they have on their website and is supposed to arrive Tuesday. It's funny I walked around for weeks shifting my ideas around but once the chips started falling things have really sped up as far as progress. With the holidays coming up though that's just what I was hoping for while we have the time to devote to working on it. I'll be sure to post an update after we install the major pieces of the room. Hope you're having a great Sunday!

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment