Monday, June 28, 2010







I snagged this chair at Goodwill last week for $8. Nick took one look at it and thought I was crazy and the chair was well sorta gross. He said the sight of it made him itch. This just fueled my fire to give it a second life. The seat was busted so I traced around the old one and cut it with a jig saw. I basically took everything apart just to see how it was put together and just replicated it with new cushions and fabric (damask on clearance at Hobby Lobby). I got to test out my new handy paint sprayer too. After a little distressing and a clear coat we were good to go. It's on great casters so I plan to use it as my new office chair but until we move it will live in our foyer. Next up the china cabinet!

7 comments:

  1. looks awesome! i love it!
    i have recently become more interested in restoring old, ugly things. i always love looking at the way you spruce things up and make them pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sarah, this rocks. feel free to rejuvenate furniture for me anytime. =p ill have to hire you. coffee and pastries sound like good payment?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this chair. Just got my first staple gun (thejoyfuldomestique.blogspot.com) and can't wait to use it to reupholster something...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great chair and love your choose of fabric. It doesn't even look like the same chair...wonderful transformation :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing. You did a fabulous job! I love the fabric, very gutsy! And the castors, the castors make it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is perfect! I am hooked on reupholstering chairs, and this one I love!

    ReplyDelete