Thursday, December 26, 2013

setting the bar


Some people set the bar high- in fact I do too usually but not for 2014. No my friends, you see after a short reflection it was decided that 2013 was mostly a big flaming pile of poo for us so there's nowhere really to go but up, up, up. Now I won't go into the nitty gritty here but it was pretty bad folks. You may remember we had to put our beloved siamese mix Peyton to sleep back in April and just last week we lost our 15 year old calico Laya too and that's really just scratching the surface on our troubled year but you know what thats the beautiful thing about a new year and clean slate. Nick and I have each other, our two beautiful happy and healthy children, our family and friends and we count our blessings for those things especially in the bad times. Now it's time we give ourselves permission to start fresh this new year and that's exactly what we intend to do. 


Yeah ignore how its says 2013 on the bottom. I am. - See that's me already not being so hard on myself for not catching that.


So as 2013 draws to a close I'm reminded of this quote:



And I'm drawing inspiration from this one for 2014:



For those of you out there that they may have had your own share of recent bumps in the road, hang in there and smile. I'm thinking about you, all of you, and I'm sending positive energy your way whoever you are. We're all in this together. 

Happy 2014 my friends!








2 comments:

  1. Two words: Crack Broccoli!!!!!
    You're WELCOME.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok! It's been pinned now to give it a try. I've always loved the idea of eating broccoli but it usually just makes me gag unless it's in soup or baked into something like quiche. I'm excited to give this recipe a go! Thank you!!

      Delete