Friday, December 14, 2012

tis the season for eye twitching


Am I the only one who's eye twitches when stress and/or lack of sleep are involved? I didn't think so. Despite the crazy eye it's still my favorite time of year. It's hard to believe Christmas is in just a week and a half. Right now Lucy is curled up on the playroom floor watching Frosty the Snowman. Just hearing it while I type transports me back to my childhood. I loved and still do love that movie. My parents, and my dad in particular always made the holidays so special. I remember one year Santa brought me new ice skates ( I wanted to be Nancy Kerrigan). After all of the presents were unwrapped my dad brought me out to the freezing cold back yard where he had lovingly constructed me my very own ice skating rink using tarps and the garden hose. It's fun memories like those I want my sweet babies to have.

So I will soldier through all the facial ticks with a smile because I know in the end it's all totally worth it.

Happy Holidays from our family to yours!

*photo by this talented fellow


Sarah

1 comment:

  1. I totally get that same eye twitch but it's usually just when we move which is probably one of the highest stress times in my life! I can't believe the big day is almost here. I don't want it to be so close!

    ReplyDelete