Monday, August 9, 2010

We've been here almost 4 weeks now and I'm ready to show you my first complete before & after!

Foyer reveal: 

Before (note the lovely faux finishing and the fake foliage that looks like it's attacking the mirror) 




And After


Several thick coats of Seed Pearl by Pratt & Lambert cover the walls and the trim, doors and baseboards were bathed in white to freshen the space.




A slouchy canvas sack holds the days mail.



The sail boat painting was picked up at an antique shop for $35. I painted and distressed the frame. The $7 orchid from IKEA is planted in a goodwill milk glass pedestal cup.

Someday we will rip out the dated terracotta tile but for now I'll just ignore it. Over all I'm super happy with the results! Up next I will reveal the new powder room addition just as soon as I can get some decent sunlight to shine through the windows for photographing. Happy Monday!

3 comments:

  1. Very clean and simple, love the painting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah,
    It's lovely! I love the lines of that table. Where do you buy your P&L paint?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen, Nick's in the commercial painting business so he was able to find it. Too bad no one sells it around here. You can order a paint deck for free online though and always have it matched. =)

    ReplyDelete